Creating a New Project
In order to create a New Project, you must be an Account owner/Admin or a Manager.
Login with your Admin or Manager ID credentials. On the left navigation area, expand the Projects option, then click on the Create New Project option.
Enter your project details as described below:
1. Project Details Section
- Enter the Project Title (Will be what your team members pick from in their HiveDesk client software when they are working on the project)
- Enter Project Notes (Short, simple instructions or links to files in dropbox, etc. that your team members can read via the HiveDesk client)
- Enter a Short Description of the project (also visible to the team members working on this project)
2. Screenshot Control Section
- Select from the options for screenshot interval. If you do not want to have screenshots taken, select the "Disable Screenshots" option at the bottom of the list.
- You can set the project's priority level to change the sort order as viewed by the team members when they are logged into the HiveDesk client software.
- If you want your team members to be able to delete screenshots when they are logged into office.hivedesk.com, place a check mark in the "Enable the Delete option..." checkbox. If enabled and if they do delete a screenshot, you will see a "Screenshot Deleted" placeholder in your screenshot report.
- If you want to allow your team members to briefly preview and have the option of not sending a screenshot from within the HiveDesk client software, place a check mark in the "Enable the Discard..." checkbox.
- If you want to allow your team members to manually trigger the taking of a screenshot from within the HiveDesk client software, place a check mark in the "Enable the Take a screenshot..." checkbox.
- If you want to allow your team members to create their own tasks when logged into office.hivedesk.com, place a check mark in the "Allow team members to create their own tasks...." checkbox.
3. Invite Your Team Members Section
- You can invite any team members that are already part of your team (if any) by selecting their name/email from the box on the left, or you can enter new team member emails in the box on the right. They will receive an email invitation to join this project, and you will be notified when they accept/decline.
- To create the project and send invitations to the team members, press the blue Submit button.