(verified on Ubuntu 16.04)
The HiveDesk client software requires that python and java are up-to-date and installed on your computer to operate properly. To do this please go to a terminal window and enter the following commands:
1. sudo apt install python-software-properties (installs python)
2. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java (installs java JDK)
3. sudo apt-get update (installs updates)
4. sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer (installs the Oracle java JDK)
5. java –version (verifies that you have installed java)
After those steps are complete you can then follow the instructions to install the HiveDesk client for Linux.